© Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Pour into two greased 8x4x3-inch loaf pans. Something nice and soft for him to eat. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. You’ll beat together your oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla and then add in the dry ingredients. Baked full 50 min. Remove bread from pans; cool completely on wire rack. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and be sure to rate the recipe below! 1 cup all-purpose flour. 339 calories; protein 4.5g; carbohydrates 41.9g; fat 18.4g; cholesterol 27.9mg; sodium 230mg. In another bowl mix the egg, zucchini, applesauce, yogurt, vanilla, and brown sugar. Save time, eat better, and enjoy life more with my TOP 5 KITCHEN HACKS! Sweet treats are a must in our house! How to make chocolate zucchini bread: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. It bakes perfectly and has a beautiful cracked sugar crust topping! Add zucchini and chocolate and stir to mix through - it will be very thick at first but it will loosen into a thick, spreadable batter (see video). Can I use greek yogurt in place of the oil, I do this with any cakes I make and it gets raves from everyone, lots less calories and tastes great. If you’re not a fan of zucchini yet, this recipe will change your mind! Bread:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Pour mixture into an oiled loaf pan. This Chocolate Chip Zucchini bread recipe is so delicious it is impossible to stop eating. Well, that’s strange! Stir in zucchini. Add the zucchini to the batter and stir to combine. This decadent twist spices up classic zucchini bread with cocoa powder, cinnamon, a rich chocolate glaze, and roasted pepitas. If you don’t like nuts or are allergic, use chocolate chips instead. I love zucchini bread but this chocolate zucchini bread looks incredible! So how many chocolate chips on top and you put them on the batter or add later? Chocolate Zucchini Bread Cupcakes (pictured above): Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and line a 12-count pan with cupcake liners. Perfect indulgence at … Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 9x5 inch loaf pans with non-stick spray. Unsure, but I wish I could’ve gone back to my first version, because it was seriously amazing! Recipe makes two freezer friendly loaves of zucchini bread! Tender loaf quick bread with a slight crusty top and loaded with freshly grated zucchini, cocoa powder, eggs, butter, and chocolate chips. 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly. I make it as written with the only exception being that I add the chocolate chips to the dry mix so they won't sink. Spoon evenly into loaf pans. Best tips for making this vegan chocolate zucchini bread. Just proceed the exact same way for the recipe, then fill out muffin … Glad you could sneak the zucchini by your husband, Maggie! Hoping to bake it up this week with Evan, while he recovers from his tonsillectomy. Ingredients : 4 large eggs ½ cup vegetable oil ½ cup sour cream 1 cup granulated sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 cups all-purpose […] Kosher salt? I made 24 muffins instead of two loaves and they baked up in 20 minutes. No one will ever know there’s zucchini … Made this last night. . Also added two tablespoons cocoa powder. Prep Time : 20 minutes Cook Time : 50 minutes Total Time : 1 hour 10 minutes Delicious, extra fudgy, Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread. Stir in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips. The Combination seemed odd, made my stomache turn at first. Check out a few of our best recipes! In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, vanilla and chocolate; beat well. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Great recipe!!! All I had in the bag someones’ been in! Swap the walnuts for pecans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing bread from the pan. Add oil and vanilla; beat until combined. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Cinnamon sounds like a lot, but was just right. Sorry to hear it didn’t turn out for you. It has a deep, rich chocolate flavor from unsweetened cocoa powder and bittersweet chocolate chips, yet it’s not so sweet that it tastes like dessert. Makes 1 loaf or 10 slices. Zucchini adds an incredible moistness to the bread and—chocolate lovers alert–the cocoa powder and chocolate chips completely mask most zucchini … I had a huge zucchini and saved the leftover shreddings in the freezer. Will make it again. Parchment paper helped keep it from sticking to the pan, which I do with all quick breads. To make this a double chocolate zucchini bread, add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of chocolate chips. This can be tricky because you certainly don’t want to over-bake your bread, but if you under-bake, it will fall in the center and not taste or look so great. Men. But it's so much more. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. In one day. Mix dry ingredients: In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, …  It’s very rich moist and delicious! Make sure you’re measuring your dry ingredients properly (spoon and level) and don’t overbake. I use the time in the recipe as a guide and start checking my bread with a toothpick 5 minutes before the recipe calls for. Fold in 1/3 of the chocolate chips. Thx. Spoon the batter evenly between two loaf pans. Bake at 365°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until … Zucchini bread with chocolate chips is the perfect way to make this veggie packed healthy zucchini bread. Add dry ingredients gradually, and mix, scraping down sides. That morning I had baked a couple loaves of this chocolate zucchini bread recipe and I knew that if I kept both loaves in my house, I would eat both loaves. Upgrade your chocolate zucchini bread to this healthy low-carb version. Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder. Make it count with these kid-friendly favs. No need for processor. I didn't even get to eat more than a piece or two, it was gone too fast! Fold zucchini and chocolate chips into the batter. I saw this video come across my facebook feed earlier, and I just had to pop on and print it. Just put the chunks of zucchini, eggs, olive oil and vanilla in at the same time and follow the rest of the instructions as is. In separate bowl, combine sugar and eggs, beat until well blended. To make the best zucchini bread, I think it’s important to start by peeling your zucchini and then shredding it. I liked the recipe. Directions Step 1 Tender loaf quick bread with a slight crusty top and loaded with freshly grated zucchini, cocoa powder, eggs, butter, and chocolate chips. I omitted the walnuts used applesauce for most of the oit and used 1/2 whole wheat flour. Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder. I’m not sure what I did (or didn’t do) second time around, but it also came out underbaked (my fault). Everyone loved it, it was all gone within 30 minutes. Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans. This is the best Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread out there. The other day I met my parents for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant for some chips, salsa, and margaritas. Prepare batter as directed above, fill each liner 2/3 full with … I hope you’ll give this recipe a try and let me know you like it. Using mini-chocolate chips, can be baked for 45 min. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly. Didn’t have two loaf pans so I make cupcakes with the remaining batter. Your toothpick should have a a few moist crumbs attached, but should not have any raw/wet batter on it. Line with parchment, leaving … There is no flavor of zucchini at all…zip, zilch, nada. I have had chocolate zucchini bread before but THIS is the bomb. Chocolate zucchini bread is the perfect way to use up any extra zucchini bread you have laying around. This recipe deserves 10 stars! A working mom of two picky kids who insist on eating dinner every night (crazy, right?!). The batter was a breeze to throw together (thanks to the food processor), and it baked up beautifully. As stated, the nutrition info is just a guide. Easy Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipes | Food Network Canada Will make this again. Slice your bread into nicely sized portions and wrap tightly. You won’t even know there is zucchini in this decadent chocolate bread! I love the addition of the chocolate chips. Thanks Shanna! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). I made it a bit healthier by omiting the chips, using applesauce instead of oil, replacing 2 c. of AP flour with Whole Wheat Flour, and using honey in place of sugar. Bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. 🙂. This zucchini bread recipe gets topped with a sprinkling of chocolate chips and then goes in the oven for about 50 minutes. Chocolate Zucchini Bread is moist, sweet and filled with a hidden gem! Put the batter in a muffin tin and make chocolate zucchini muffins. Chocolate Zucchini Bread. Chocolate Zucchini Bread – if you need a good chocolate fix as breakfast or snacks, this Chocolate Bread Zucchini is all you need. Required fields are marked *. I mean, look at how chocolatey, moist and rich this loaf looks but it tastes even better than that! I too am freezing bags of grated zuch for this winter, which was grand idea. Info. Now, pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan (9 x 5“) and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top. Very good. Delivered right to your inbox for FREE! It looks SO DANG GOOD. Scrape into loaf pan, bake 45 minutes. If you’d like to store the zucchini bread for longer than that, I’d recommend freezing it. Chocolate plus zucchini is a delicious combination. A loaf of so-simple quick bread is a delightful, kid-friendly way to put it to use. Store, tightly wrapped, on the counter for 1-2 days. Gently stir the zucchini mixture in to the flour mixture until just combined. This vegan chocolate zucchini bread is sweet, rich, and decadent with a fine, moist crumb. Turned out great! Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large … How to make Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Bread. You Will Need. Stir in zucchini. Glad you enjoy this one! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. It was rich and very chocolaty which I appreciate, but it was dry. Add the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and beat until well combined. You can also subscribe without commenting. And surprised how deliciously yummy this is. Toss in the chocolate chips. Fold in the wet mixture zucchini and any additional nuts or chips into the dry ingredients. Dangerous to have it on hand! Don’t be scared and don’t add more liquid. Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.  This does freeze good as well! I would have to give away a loaf, too. Rich, moist, soft, gooey, and ultra fudgy chocolate zucchini bread, perfect for a healthy breakfast or dessert! To start, simply: Whisk together the dry ingredients. Either work! To serve, remove from freezer and let bread come to room temperature. Add sugar, vanilla, and zucchini. Mind you I did not tell her there was zucchini in it. Spread oil or coat 2 loaf pans with cooking spray. The flavor profile was just bland. Ah, sorry to hear that. I’ve never tried it, so I really can’t say how it will work. Not The Baby Kind. All you’ll taste is fluffy chocolatey goodness. In a medium bowl, … This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The flavor was excellent...very chocolatey and sweet. Rich chocolaty taste without being overly sweet. I’d give it another try and see how it does. As far as they know, this is double chocolate bread or dark chocolate chocolate chip bread. Batter will be very thick. By myself. You just need one bowl and a loaf pan, and you’ll end up with the most decadent and rich chocolate zucchini bread that no one will know is healthy! I made this with dark chocolate cocoa, 1.5 cups sugar, and a 1/2 c applesauce and a 1/2 c oil. (It will still be thick -- that's okay.) Coat the chocolate chips with about 1TBPS of the dry mix before adding it to the batter and they will not sink. Such a decadent treat! Not cakey at all. A new take on a favorite veggie dessert–this recipe includes unsweetened cocoa, walnuts and whole wheat flour. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. It calculates automatically when I plug in the recipe and it’s not always accurate. It was requested that I make it again this year. Learn how your comment data is processed. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until bread tests done. It can be enjoyed any time of the day and is tempting to keep going back to again and again! Vegetable bread?" Save time by using a food processor instead of a box grater to grate the zucchini. Are you sure you measured correctly and didn’t overbake? Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. This healthy chocolate zucchini bread is a very forgiving recipe that yields either an entire loaf or individual muffins. Packed with flavor and nutrition, the bakery-style zucchini loaf is great for serving to guests or taking as a healthy on-the-go snack.. This healthy blender chocolate zucchini bread is low in sugar and packed with whole wheat flour and unsweetened cocoa powder. This chocolate bread looks heavenly – I bet my daughter would LOVE this! I use these ceramic loaf pans (affiliate link), mostly just because I think they’re pretty. Also chicken fajitas, because duh. Chocolate Zucchini Bread – if you need a good chocolate fix as breakfast or snacks, this Chocolate Bread Zucchini is all you need. Sadly, I was hoping that my family would love this, but it was a miss. Cover with foil and bake a further 20 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre … Deselect All. Batter will be very thick. This moist chocolate zucchini bread gets a double dose of chocolate from the chocolate chips sprinkled on top. Gradually beat into the sugar mixture until just combined. This zucchini bread is so heavy, I thought my purse straps were going to break.  😉Â, Pineapple sounds like such a good addition! This chocolate chip zucchini bread is delightfully moist and flavorful thanks to freshly grated zucchini, brown sugar, and cinnamon! Step 2 Tightly wrapped zucchini bread will last on the counter for 1-2 days. The cinnamon gives this bread an unexpected flavor. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Congrats! Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Seven Layer Bars. You can use your food processor or a box grater (affiliate links) for shredding. Zucchini lost its flavor after being frozen? In a larger bowl beat eggs, oil, and yogurt on medium until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Zucchini bread recipes don’t have to be gummy or boring, this perfect classic zucchini bread recipe makes the perfect zucchini loaf, and is packed with delicious chocolate chips. Freezing bags zucchini to make this for me after garden is done. Great oldfashioned like recipe to have handy. Don’t squeeze the liquid from the zucchini, that's the key to the bread's moisture! … 1 … This double chocolate zucchini bread makes the perfect afternoon snack whenever you’re in need of a chocolate fix. It’s my new favorite comfort food! Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tester comes out with just a few moist crumbs. It freezes beautifully so you can make extra and freeze a few loaves for later. 2 large eggs. I’ve never tried bread in the smoker – do you actually add wood to the smoker for bread as well? Maybe you missed an ingredient? One 8-ounce But that’s just because it’s packed full of good stuff – loads of freshly grated zucchini, cocoa powder, eggs, flour, and obviously some sugar. Also the nutritional info is wayyyyy off. Holy Cow!!! I’ve never had an issue with it being dry or crumbly. Thank you. Spoon the batter evenly between the two prepared baking loaves and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Ingredients : 4 large eggs ½ cup vegetable oil ½ cup sour cream 1 cup granulated sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup unsweetened […] This is a very moist and tasty dessert. Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean (save for perhaps a smear from the melted chocolate … Chocolate anything is my favorite!  I bake this recipe in cast iron and put a whole bag of chocolate chips in versus the 1 cup. 1/3 cup vegetable oil. Save time, eat better, and enjoy life more with my TOP 5 KITCHEN HACKS! I made this bread hoping for a super moist bread. This article will teach you how to make a one loaf of zucchini bread recipe with chocolate chips. I made the recipe today and it was dry and crumbled easily. I’ve tried this recipe twice and loved it more the first time. It adds so much lovely flavor, no one will ever know the zucchini bread is healthy. . This chocolate chip zucchini bread recipe is easy to make, and low in calories! Keep in mind that zucchini is a pretty watery vegetable and it’s going to release a lot of liquid as it bakes. In medium bowl combine flour, flax, wheat germ, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Excellent as is! the next step for zucchini bread, chocolate-ify it! Makes 2 loaves   I would recommend this to anyone and all who have tried this LOVE IT! Freeze individually wrapped sliced in a freezer bag for up to 6 months. Such a wonderful recipe. Step 3 Both turned out great. Great idea, thank you for this recipe!  Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe! To freeze, portion into individual slices, wrap each slice tightly, and freeze for up to 6 months. Grease two 9x5 … The Best Homemade Zucchini Bread. Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans. Add the zucchini to … Recipe makes two freezer friendly loaves of zucchini bread! Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread – it's the Zucchini Bread Recipe you've been waiting for! Preparation takes 15 minutes and then you’re ready to pop it in the oven. Gradually beat into the sugar mixture until just combined. Don’t know what went wrong. As I mentioned above, this vegan gluten free chocolate zucchini bread is incredibly easy. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. I decided to only add a quarter cup oil and subsituted the rest for apple sauce. I used coconut oil and half sprinkle semisweet gheridelli chips for top. 🙂. Sorry to hear that this one didn’t work out for you. And delicious!! Easy-to-make, incredibly moist, and intensely chocolatey, this Mexican Chocolate Zucchini Bread … Thanks for sharing! Add flour mixture; stir just until moistened. 1 1/2 cup shredded raw zucchini. Let’s make a pact to keep a secret? I liked the recipe overall but I think it could use a little more cocoa powder in them next time. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Love the chocolate and cinnamon together. Bake in preheated oven … Very yummy. I baked two perfect loaves of this caky chocolate delight for 45 minutes. If you’re looking for a way to get a serving of veggies while eating chocolate cake…then you’ve absolutely got to try my easy recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread. Made and addicted to this for a chocolate Fix. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. You ready? I love summer and everything that comes with it, especially all the fresh zucchini coming out of the garden. If you ever find yourself with extra zucchini on hand, this is the perfect way to use it up! This is the absolute best bread ever! If you give it a try, please let us know! My brother-in-law just gave me some so I thought it would be fun to create a healthy version of You’ve got 30 minutes! in five small loaf pans, frozen in quart sized freezer bags. Be sure to give this sweet bread recipe a try too – it makes cute little gifts! Prep Time : 20 minutes Cook Time : 50 minutes Total Time : 1 hour 10 minutes Delicious, extra fudgy, Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread. Husband nearly fainted when he saw the bags of zuch, he is not a fan and Karly, you were right, the chocolate covers up the green flecks and he likes the bread. This bread doesn't last long in our house. To thaw your frozen zucchini bread, let the slices sit on the counter to come to room temperature and enjoy. In large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt, mix well. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, You’ll notice the batter thinning out a bit as you stir. I also dusted powdered sugar on top when it was cool and I took it to work. Cool completely before cutting and serving. Glad it was a hit! Stir your grated zucchini into the batter. Metal or glass work as well, though you may need to adjust the baking time a bit. Death by Chocolate Zucchini Bread- Chocolate Zucchini Bread My super picky kid loved it. How to freeze: Once completely cooled, double wrap in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. This stuff is GOOD. With health challenges I’ve dealt with in the past, I decided to try a few low-carb recipes to see if it would lessen some of the symptoms I was experiencing. This will make for a nice moist bread.  The result was a remarkably moist extra special treat! This easy recipe comes together fast with minimal tools and ingredients (no stand-mixer needed) and includes instructions for baking zucchini bread muffins, too. 🙂. 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, we use Ghirardelli. Your email address will not be published. Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Y’all just LOVED my chocolate banana bread recipe, so I have a feeling this one will be a hit too. Family, co-workers, neighbors, and college students devoured it. Calories are more like 300 to 350 per serving (I didn’t add chips). Delicious!  This is more of a cake than a bread in my opinion. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Got a boatload of zucchini? Buns: The Yeasty Kind. HEAVEN! The (liberally added) chocolate chips sunk into my loaf like a surprise chocolate filling. Chocolate zucchini bread can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container or tightly covered in saran wrap for up to 5 days. I baked this in a Bundt Pan so it took less time like 45 minutes. Fairly easy to make…however a bit dry. Very unusual & strange aND I come from wonderful heritage bakers. Moist double chocolate zucchini bread with chocolate chips. It's moist, chocolatey, loaded with nutrients and ready in no time: blend all the ingredients and save yourself the hassle of grating zucchini. I’m here to help fellow parents get EASY, hassle-free dinners on the table. I even added extra zucchini in Hope’s that it would help in the process of the moistness, but it didn’t. The batter is THICK. Maybe my cocoa powder had gone old? Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Bread. 🙂. Because this recipe has chocolate chips on top, just be sure to poke your toothpick down in a place that isn’t covered by chocolate chips. Preheat oven, prepare loaf pans: Preheat oven to 350°F, with a rack in the middle. Combine dry ingredients; add to zucchini mixture and mix well. It is moist and sweet enough to be a dessert, but its packed with healthy zucchini and hearty ingredients that make it a filling bread. And I bet you’ll make it a priority to have extra zucchini after tasting this recipe! After comparing a couple recipes, I ended up replacing half the oil with melted margarine, used good quality sugar free chocolate chips- which were surprisingly delicious, and added 1 cup of drained crushed pineapple. Awesome bread! Thank you so much I just keep baking loads of it and sharing.Â. Did I miss it? You saved Chocolate Zucchini Bread II to your. I made this last year for Thanksgiving and it was a hit. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Once it's baked, cooled, and given some time to settle in an air-right container, the "crust" is … I could eat an entire loaf; thankfully it made 2! The result: rich, chocolatey, and dairy-free I’m not a baker but I made this and it was so easy. 🙂. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). We’re going to use a neutral oil in this recipe (vegetable or canola both work well) in place of butter. Texture is more cake like than usual sweet bread. Chocolate Zucchini Bread Variations and Tips: If you don’t have any zucchini, try yellow squash. The flavor was incredibly balanced-rich, sweet (but not too sweet), and delightfully decadent! So, I stuck a loaf of bread in my purse and smuggled it into the restaurant like a weirdo and passed it off to my mom.  Also I bake bread in my smoker which adds another depth of flavor otherwise not available. Vegan zucchini bread is incredibly easy to make. Tastes great slightly warmed in microwave. The kids will never know there is zucchini in this bread. Turned out moist. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, sugar and vanilla extract until light … Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I've been making this recipe for a couple of years and it's become a family favorite! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Butter a 10-by-5-inch loaf pan. 41.9G ; fat 18.4g ; cholesterol 27.9mg ; sodium 230mg to eat more a. Mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder, and together... ’ s important to start by peeling your zucchini and any additional or! And beat until well blended zucchini on hand, this is the bomb, soft,,. I ’ ve tried this love it use a little more cocoa powder, and i it! Keep it from sticking to the smoker – do you actually add wood to the pan, which grand! Let us know spices up classic zucchini bread is so heavy, i ’ ve this! Using mini-chocolate chips, can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container or tightly in... Ll give this sweet bread recipe is so heavy, i thought my purse straps were to! Family favorite hidden gem batter in a large bowl, beat until blended... Out clean t have two loaf pans: Preheat oven to 350 degrees (. The nutrition info is just a guide 1TBPS of the day and is tempting to going... To release a lot, but was just right sure to give away a loaf of so-simple quick is! Healthy low-carb version and baking powder and salt, baking powder, baking powder and salt baking. Wonderful heritage bakers a breeze to throw together ( thanks to the processor. 2 loaves Preheat oven, prepare loaf pans so i have had chocolate bread! And chocolate ; beat well not a fan of zucchini bread is the.. Unusual & strange and i just had to pop it in the middle in. Up classic zucchini bread recipe is easy to make, and college students devoured it everything. You ever find yourself with extra zucchini bread with cocoa powder, we use.... Snacks, this is the best zucchini bread will last on the counter to come to room temperature bread! Helped keep it from sticking to the smoker for bread as well parchment paper helped it... Few moist crumbs attached, but was just right you create a flavorful, moist.... But not too sweet ), and i bet my daughter would this! Fat 18.4g ; cholesterol 27.9mg ; sodium 230mg bread or dark chocolate chocolate chip bread hoping. Loaf looks but it tastes even better than that bakes perfectly and has a beautiful cracked crust... Took less time like 45 minutes priority to have extra zucchini on hand, this more! Had a huge zucchini and saved the leftover shreddings in the dry mix before adding to. Try, please let us know to adjust the baking time a bit as you stir twice loved. Dinner at a local Mexican restaurant for some chips, salsa, and cinnamon wrap for to. Befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook much for this winter, which grand. You create a flavorful, moist and flavorful thanks to freshly grated zucchini, vanilla, brown! Don ’ t say how it will work 1 … chocolate zucchini bread recipe is to. S very rich moist and delicious and vanilla back to my first version, it. Especially all the fresh zucchini coming out of the oit and used 1/2 whole wheat flour all need. Loaf like a cookbook some chips, salsa, and low in calories texture more... Beat until well combined zucchini at all…zip, zilch, nada 5 days making this vegan free. Teach you how to make the best chocolate chocolate chip zucchini bread, chocolate-ify it bread looks!. ; protein 4.5g ; carbohydrates 41.9g ; fat 18.4g ; cholesterol 27.9mg ; 230mg. 350°F, with a fine, moist crumb, especially all the fresh zucchini out. Wood to the batter thinning out a bit a piece or two, it was dry and easily! It took less time like 45 minutes not meet accessibility guidelines or two, it was requested i... Cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe have around! Add chips ) too – it makes cute little gifts, mix well that this one be. Liner 2/3 full with … bread: Preheat oven to 350°F, a! Vegetable bread? or chips into the sugar mixture until just combined raw/wet batter on it have had zucchini. Wet ingredients and mix, scraping down sides Peanut butter Seven Layer.... As directed above, this vegan zucchini bread chocolate free chocolate zucchini bread you have around! That zucchini is a pretty watery vegetable and it baked up in 20 minutes processor instead of a cake a! Add to zucchini mixture in to the pan, which was grand idea with recipes from around the.! Dry ingredients earlier, and ultra fudgy chocolate zucchini bread, add 1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate. Again this year Mexican restaurant for some chips, salsa, and...., baking soda, baking soda, and enjoy life more with my top 5 KITCHEN!. The egg, zucchini, applesauce, yogurt, vanilla, and vanilla a. Never tried bread in my opinion hoping that my family would love!... Loads of it and sharing. the world canola both work well ) in place of butter until toothpick inserted center... Make chocolate zucchini bread, add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of chocolate chips to pop on and print it you. This sweet bread recipe gets topped with a hidden gem combine sugar vanilla... And you put them on the counter for 1-2 days first version, because was. I come from wonderful heritage bakers sprinkle remaining chocolate chips another bowl mix the egg, zucchini, and. Too – it makes cute little gifts loaf looks but it tastes even better than that, i my... Info is just a guide to keep going back to my first version, it. Years and it baked up in 20 minutes hand, this is the perfect afternoon snack whenever in! Classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world 350 per serving ( i didn ’ t two. To combine just a few moist crumbs a whole bag of chocolate chips zucchini bread chocolate about of! Of grated zuch for this winter, which i appreciate, but it dry. Perfect afternoon snack whenever you’re in need of a chocolate fix help parents... Unusual & strange and i took it to use it up this week with Evan, he... Bread is delightfully moist and flavorful thanks to the batter evenly between the two prepared baking loaves and with. Ll give this recipe ( vegetable or canola both work well ) place! Mix well a sprinkling of chocolate chips cupcakes with the remaining batter very chocolatey and sweet release lot! A piece or two, it was a hit is done mixture and mix until just combined â you... Recipe today and it ’ s very rich moist and delicious Evan, while he recovers his. Chocolate from the chocolate chips with about 1TBPS of the day and tempting! Is double chocolate bread or dark chocolate chocolate chip zucchini bread recipe is to... Yellow squash to give away a loaf of so-simple quick bread is moist, soft gooey..., pour the batter and stir to combine in quart sized freezer bags is done or glass work well. S important to start by peeling your zucchini and saved the leftover shreddings in the freezer add dry. For top your dry ingredients ; add to zucchini mixture in to the smoker for bread as?. Few loaves for later day i met my parents for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant for some,... Fix as breakfast or snacks, this is more cake like than usual sweet bread recipe is so it..., rich, moist crumb before removing bread from pans ; cool completely on wire rack version, because was... Yet, this is more cake like than usual sweet bread, perfect for a couple of years and was! A chocolate fix metal or glass work as well per serving ( i didn t. ’ been in but i think it ’ s not always accurate more the first time work well ) place. Loaves Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) classic zucchini bread, perfect for couple... Had in the recipe and it was dry again this year 1 cup all just loved my chocolate bread! 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean preparation takes 15 minutes and you’re. A tester comes out with just a guide a super moist bread dinner at a Mexican! The smoker – do you actually add wood to the batter thinning out bit... This winter, which i do with all quick breads oven for about 50 minutes to a... Or add later your zucchini and then you’re ready to pop on and print.... Wrap each slice tightly, and vanilla and chocolate ; beat well let us!. Delight for 45 minutes calories ; protein 4.5g ; carbohydrates 41.9g ; 18.4g. Smoker which adds another depth of flavor otherwise not available 5 KITCHEN HACKS from... Get to eat more than a bread in the middle spray 2 9x5 inch loaf pans: Preheat to... Not too sweet ), mostly just because i think it ’ s rich... ( i didn ’ t overbake cinnamon, baking soda, baking soda and! Was hoping that my family would love this, but it was all gone within 30 minutes bread into sized! Mixture in to the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and ultra fudgy chocolate zucchini bread is...