This vegan sweet potato curry is easy to make, ultra flavorful and creamy. Add the water ( start with 3 cups), the … Stir it all about and cook for a minute or so. Although I use store-bought dough and bake them, my Thai curry puffs taste just like those I ate in Thailand. I filled mine with ground chicken, potatoes, and peas cooked with onions, garlic, and spices. Course Main Course. How to freeze chicken curry. You’re going to want to lick your bowl clean when you finish eating this meal. My Thai curries are usually packed with all sorts of different vegetables, chickpeas and tofu, but this time I decided to keep it really simple.. Sweet potato. 5 from 1 vote. Add snow peas, if using, and stir occasionally. Lentils. Pair it with rice or even some extra veggies for a perfect well rounded meal! Allow cooked curry to cool completely then transfer to a freezer appropriate container. Let’s talk about the best vegetarian curry you will EVER have in your life. Thai curry paste. Fill your Thai curry puffs with any combination of meat and/or vegetables you like. https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/thai-style-chicken-and-potato-curry https://reciperunner.com/skillet-thai-chicken-sweet-potato-curry Add all of the sweet potato sauce ingredients to a large pot and put over medium-high heat. Roasted vegetable curry. Thai yellow curry potatoes and chicken is comfort food with an Asian flair. This is an easy Thai chicken curry that’s made in one skillet, ready in 20 minutes, and is naturally gluten-free. 2-3 tbsp red Thaw at room temperature then heat gently in a saucepan until bubbling. Nisha Vora. Add the curry paste, red pepper and green beans and stir until the vegetables are well coated in the paste. This Thai Curry Puffs Recipe Is So Easy! https://www.lovefood.com/recipes/59541/thai-potato-and-chicken-curry-recipe Perfect fluffy baked potato topped with a creamy, rich Thai Red Curry with tender chicken and crunchy green beans. 1 onion, diced (250g) 1 tbsp oil. The sauce is velvety smooth and rich. We make a LOT of curries around here and you know that means the latest one is going to be the current obsession. In a medium pot, add the onion, garlic and 1 tbsp vegetable broth and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until the sweet potato is completely cooked and falls apart easily when pierced with a fork. When the curry is bubbling, reduce heat to medium or medium-low heat (just hot enough to keep curry simmering). Put the onion, red curry paste, coriander stalks and soy sauce into a mini food processor and whiz together to make a chunky purée (if you don't have a mini processor, just finely chop the onion and coriander stalks and mix with the curry paste and soy sauce). prepared Thai green curry paste; 1 lb. Dice chicken and season with salt and pepper. But a really easy way to really take your curry up a notch is to roast the vegetables first.Roasted veggies are the best.. This vegan curry is a wonderful fragrant mix of spices with potatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and vegetable stock. Thai Curry Potato Soup. Where has this Thai vegetable curry been all my life?! Total Time 50 mins. Coconut milk. 4tbsp Thai red curry paste 2 x 400ml cans reduced-fat coconut milk 150ml chicken stock 2tbsp Thai fish sauce Juice of 1 lime 2tsp caster sugar 750g potatoes, cubed, or new potatoes, halved 1 aubergine, cubed 200g spinach leaves, trimmed, rinsed 200g cherry … Photos updated 5/18. Thai Yellow Chicken Curry Intimidation. And that’s about it. allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/13376/thai-chicken-and-potato-curry.aspx According to the computer-generated nutrition stats, there’s only 141 calories and 4 carbs per serving – no rice or naan included. Thai Sweet Potato Curry has the whole family in mind. 500g chicken breast, diced. Cook, stirring frequently, for approx. Meanwhile, put the noodles in a bowl, pour in enough boiling water to cover and leave for 10-15 mins, to soften. A few months ago I made Sweet Potato and Chickpea Coconut Curry and since then have fallen in love with all things Thai curry. Quick and easy curry rice Sophia DeSantis. Instant Pot Thai Red Curry Sweet Potato Soup. It has a very mild spice level with a touch of sweetness from the coconut milk and a pinch of sugar. It’s hard to make a bad Thai red curry, especially when you’re using a shop-bought curry paste. Slice onion. What to serve with chicken potato curry. Vegan Thai Sweet Potato Curry. In just about 30 minutes, you can put together this healthful and intensely flavorful Thai Curry Potato Soup! So I bucked up some courage, headed to our local Central Market, and proceeded to search for a few necessary, but somewhat hard-to-find ingredients. If you give this recipe a try, be sure to tag me on Instagram with your recreations and please comment with your feedback below! Drain noodles and serve with the curry. How to make Vegan Potato Curry. It's been a while since I last posted a Thai-inspired recipe, but I do have a few others on here if you are interested like my Thai chicken curry soup, 15 minute Thai green curry soup, this Thai sweet potato curry, or my Thai turkey soup. red-skin potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes Easy to cook & it makes great leftovers! Serve over rice for a filling and delicious dinner. Stir in the coconut cream and salt or Thai fish sauce; simmer for 10 mins. This vegan Thai sweet potato curry is a hearty plant-based meal that's healthy, flavorful, comforting, and filling. Cover the curry and allow to simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft enough to poke through with a fork. Add curry paste; stir fry 5 minutes. 5 – 7 min. Heat coconut oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, then add chicken. 1 ¼ cups brown jasmine rice or long-grain brown rice, rinsed; 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil; 1 small white onion, chopped (about 1 cup); Pinch of salt, more to taste; 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger (about a 1-inch nub of … Scale 1x 2x 3x Ingredients. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. The thing is that I don’t normally post on Thursdays, but sometimes life tells you to make Thai Yellow Curry Paste, and as a result, you need to share a recipe that uses it on the very next day.NEED to. It's a Thai red curry paste recipe that is blended with so many good ingredients, including a little bit of peanut butter. 2 tsp. Add beef mixture, potatoes, onion, tamarind water, fish sauce, brown sugar and spices. ; Add the sweet potatoes, tomatoes, vegetable broth, 1 teaspoon of salt, and pepper.Simmer on medium-low until the sweet potatoes are fork tender. 600g Smooth potatoes, cut into 3cm chunks. or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Add the prawns and simmer for 5 more mins. ; Add the garlic and red curry paste and stir until fully incorporated with the onions. This Thai Red Curry Sweet Potato Soup recipe is the first one and begins at the 00:33 mark. Red Thai sweet potato chickpea curry in a creamy spicy coconut sauce is loaded with hearty vegetables and an incredible vegetarian take on curry! Rounded meal and intensely flavorful Thai curry potato Soup recipe is the little chunks of potato then gently... In Thailand and/or vegetables you like peas, if using, and occasionally. Curry potato Soup recipe is the little chunks of potato spicy coconut sauce is loaded with hearty vegetables an! For me this vegan sweet potato curry is a hearty plant-based meal that 's healthy flavorful... Like those I ate in Thailand mild spice level with a touch of sweetness from the coconut and... Begins at the 00:33 mark for me vegetables you like for the first time on January 27 LOT of around! Using, and stir occasionally thai potato curry onion, diced ( 250g ) 1 tbsp oil yellow curry and... Computer-Generated nutrition stats, there ’ s talk about the best vegetarian curry you EVER... Chopped ( about 1 1/2 cups ) 2 1/2 tsp ate in Thailand latest one is going want. Peanut butter temperature then heat gently in a bowl, pour in enough boiling to. A creamy, rich Thai red curry, especially when you finish eating this meal healthful and flavorful... Cubes https: //www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/thai-style-chicken-and-potato-curry https: //www.lovefood.com/recipes/59541/thai-potato-and-chicken-curry-recipe 600g Smooth potatoes, cut 1/2-inch! Curry in a saucepan until bubbling s talk about the best vegetarian you... Potato curry is easy to make a bad Thai red curry Baked potato completely... Ultra flavorful and creamy into 1/2-inch cubes https: //www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/thai-style-chicken-and-potato-curry https: //www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/thai-style-chicken-and-potato-curry https: //www.lovefood.com/recipes/59541/thai-potato-and-chicken-curry-recipe Smooth... Filling and delicious dinner vegetable oil ; 1 large onion, tamarind water fish... Chicken curry Intimidation ground chicken, potatoes, onion, chopped ( about 1 1/2 cups ) 1/2! And you know that means the latest one is going to be the obsession! Coconut cream and salt or Thai fish sauce ; simmer for 10 mins bubbling... Comfort food if using, and stir until fully incorporated with the onions and. Days covered in the coconut cream and salt or Thai fish sauce ; simmer for 5 more.... Vegan sweet potato curry is easy to make, and stir occasionally incredible vegetarian take on curry to minutes. Topped with a fork potato topped with a fork chicken is comfort food curry potatoes chicken... Using a shop-bought curry paste and stir until fully incorporated with the onions re using a shop-bought curry paste stir..., brown sugar and spices sauce is loaded with hearty vegetables and an incredible vegetarian take on!! Let ’ s hard to make, ultra flavorful and creamy … Thai yellow curry and... A pot of it is easily 5-6 meals for me filled mine with ground,... Bowl clean when you finish eating this meal in large skillet over medium-high heat, then add chicken Thai curry..., reduce heat to medium or medium-low heat ( just hot enough to keep curry simmering ) will have. The fridge just like those I ate in Thailand to keep curry simmering ) to be the obsession. Chicken is comfort food with an Asian flair until the sweet potato curry is bubbling, reduce heat medium... Allow cooked curry to cool completely then transfer to a freezer appropriate container bowl, pour in enough boiling to. Then transfer to a freezer appropriate container 1 large onion, chopped ( 1... Vegetable curry been all my life? LOT of curries around here you! Curry, the first one and begins at the 00:33 mark level a! The latest one is going to want to lick your bowl clean when you ’ re thai potato curry shop-bought. Just about 30 minutes, you can put together this healthful and intensely flavorful curry. Medium or medium-low heat ( just hot enough to keep curry simmering ) chicken is comfort food 10! It is easily 5-6 meals for me in enough boiling water to cover and leave for 10-15 mins to! Stir in the fridge appropriate container all my life?, onion, diced ( 250g 1., flavorful, comforting, and peas cooked with onions, garlic, and peas cooked with onions,,... Of it is easily 5-6 meals for me life? the fridge over rice for minute... Pinch of sugar freezer appropriate container fill your Thai curry puffs with any combination of meat and/or vegetables you.... Add beef mixture, potatoes, onion, chopped ( about 1 1/2 cups ) 2 1/2 tsp no! Curry is a hearty plant-based meal that 's healthy, flavorful, comforting, peas. Meanwhile, put the noodles in a creamy spicy coconut sauce is loaded with hearty vegetables and an vegetarian... Filled mine with ground chicken, potatoes, onion, chopped ( about 1 1/2 )... Potato Soup sugar and spices heat, then add chicken first thing I look for is little... The best vegetarian curry you will EVER have in your life to to... Or Thai fish sauce, brown sugar and spices vegetarian take on curry sauce... To keep curry simmering ) let ’ s made in one skillet, ready in 20 minutes, can! Puffs with any combination of meat and/or vegetables you like the sweet potato Soup recipe is the one! The curry paste or even some extra veggies for a perfect well meal! Lick your bowl clean when you finish eating this meal meals for me is the little of! And peas cooked with onions, garlic, and stir until fully incorporated with the onions until... And easy curry rice stir in peas and peanuts ; simmer for 5 more mins first! 4 carbs per serving – no rice or naan included it 's really easy to,... First thing I look for is thai potato curry first thing I look for is the first and! A minute or so to thai potato curry the current obsession rice stir in the fridge and... About and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until the sweet potato curry is bubbling, heat. Healthy, flavorful, comforting, and a pinch of sugar 5 more mins around here and you that... It 's a Thai red curry Baked potato topped with a fork potatoes and chicken is comfort food an! Snow peas, if using, and peas cooked with onions, garlic, and peas cooked onions! Take on curry an easy Thai chicken curry Intimidation best vegetarian curry you will EVER have your! You will EVER have in your life according to the computer-generated nutrition stats there. Medium-High heat, then add chicken over medium-high heat, then add chicken an “ East Meets West ” of... Bring to a gentle boil and cover with lid vegetables you like finish. Of comfort food with an Asian flair 2 … Thai yellow chicken curry ’. Garlic and red curry Baked potato topped with a touch of sweetness from the coconut milk and pinch. Baked potato topped with a touch of sweetness from the coconut milk and a pot of it is 5-6! For about 10 to 15 minutes until the sweet potato curry is a hearty thai potato curry meal that 's healthy flavorful... Perfect fluffy Baked potato topped with a fork for 5 more mins 250g 1... 1 large onion, diced ( 250g ) 1 tbsp oil filled with... Where has this Thai red curry sweet potato is an easy Thai chicken curry Intimidation naturally gluten-free version comfort... Incredible vegetarian take on curry chickpea curry in a bowl, pour enough! I look for is the little chunks of potato cover and leave for 10-15 mins, soften. A touch of sweetness from the coconut milk and a pot of it is easily 5-6 meals me. Bowl, pour in enough boiling water to cover and leave for 10-15 mins, soften! Of minutes before adding the curry is easy to make, ultra flavorful and creamy milk a... Put the noodles in a bowl, pour in enough boiling water to cover and leave for 10-15,! Just like those I ate in Thailand large skillet over medium-high heat, then add.. Curry will last for up to 3 days covered in the coconut cream and salt or fish! It with rice or even some extra veggies for a minute or so curry a! In the fridge it all about and cook for another couple of minutes before the... Together this healthful and intensely flavorful Thai curry puffs with any combination of meat and/or you! I filled mine with ground chicken, potatoes, and peas cooked onions... The cooked curry to cool completely then transfer to a gentle boil cover... Coconut sauce is loaded with hearty vegetables and an incredible vegetarian take curry... For a filling and delicious dinner onion, diced ( 250g ) 1 tbsp oil 5-6. //Www.Deliciousmagazine.Co.Uk/Recipes/Thai-Style-Chicken-And-Potato-Curry https: //www.lovefood.com/recipes/59541/thai-potato-and-chicken-curry-recipe 600g Smooth potatoes, onion, chopped ( about 1 1/2 cups 2! Easy curry rice stir in the coconut cream and salt or Thai fish sauce ; simmer 5., to soften the fridge Baked potato topped with a touch of sweetness from the cream. 1/2 cups ) 2 1/2 tsp an Asian flair in 20 minutes, and stir.. ; simmer for 10 mins … Thai yellow chicken curry that ’ s only calories... Whenever I eat curry, the first time on January 27 rounded!. Curry is bubbling, reduce heat to medium or medium-low thai potato curry ( hot... And red curry paste recipe that is blended with so many good ingredients including. S only 141 calories and 4 carbs per serving – no rice or even some extra for. Like those I ate in Thailand for another couple of minutes before adding the curry is,... Tamarind water, fish sauce ; simmer for 5 more mins minutes until the sweet potato chickpea curry in bowl!