If a fan compliments your status with a generic … This shows you respect their privacy. Learn more about answering questions on Facebook. You’ll see a drop-down arrow; when you click on it, you’ll see the option to “hide comment” or “embed.” Just click “hide comment.” If you don’t respond, there’s no joke. Now you can nip any customer service issue in the bud with a private message that’s simple and easy to do. Don't hide from customer service issues on Facebook. This guy commented … Whether the comment is on your blog, a social media account, or a review website, you need to get in there and address the person who made the comment. 9 Essential Elements of a Strong Facebook Presence Go to your Page, then go to the comment. The more thoughtful a Facebook compliment is, the more thoughtful your response should be. They’re a collection of mostly puppy pictures and dinner creations. But the initial intent of Facebook was to connect people – to help individuals socialize. With regards to your inquiry about what happens when someone replies privately to your recommendation, but there’s nothing in the message, I don’t have a good answer for you. How do you respond to negative comments received on your social media accounts? If they’re trying to be be funny, your response could be just what they want for their pending punchline. (Case Study). How Does Facebook Live Stream Really Work? 7 ways to respond to negative online comments. Slow down and take a minute. Mitigate them. You put up a lovely photo of yourself on Facebook and they just have to say the meanest things. All good things for your brand. The Troll: Blatantly mean comments intended to illicit a reaction from you. Even if it is just … It’s also worth noting, you don’t have to use their full name. The goal is to avoid posting something equally inflammatory and then later regretting it. and I said "thanks so much.. :/" and she said "no problem!" thanks to your website, i have gotten information for what i have been searching for concerning my Facebook. If offended party is unreceptive to customer service, and continues causing trouble, ban them as last resort. For example, say you shared a picture of the Edmonds Ferry at sunset and a fan compliments the colors and praises the location. Did a fan make a suggestion in the comment? Facebook page admins can reply to public comments with a PRIVATE message! Say ‘Thank You’ to Compliments. This type of comment is so blatantly mean and ridiculous that the delete button is typically the best way to handle it…followed by blocking the troll’s IP address if you are able. We promise to keep your email address safe. Solutions. While there are billions of users on Facebook, we are assuming that a fair share of folks are yet to hide comments on their Facebook accounts. Yes! > Why do people type in someone's name in Facebook as a comment? A Facebook Page that is crowded … Once you’ve selected the appropriate profile, you can delete everything but the first name. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. I had no idea what this was and had to research it. However, you want to take that conversation out of any public forum as quickly as possible. Responding generously to valid complaints will make you look good to consumers, and being gentle and professional in dealing with crazy or unreasonable comments can also be a win. This will notify the commenter of your response and will create a hyperlink directly to their account. If the comment is the result of a negative experience, you should definitely respond. Thanks!”. Here’s Where Get Them, Evaluate Your Instagram Performance in Just 10 Minutes a Week. Tune in. If you’ve ever wished for an easy way to deal with customer service issues on Facebook, your wish has been granted. Discover how we integrated Facebook into Tru Health's Content Strategy to triple new customers weekly. The Quick and Dirty on Facebook Reactions, Thursday, Oct 27, 2016 at 09:00 AM | Solutions, Around here, we’re casual Instagram users. We’ll show the best ways to do this, so you can get started today!. If you’re a seasoned Facebook admin and have an active Facebook page, you’re probably pretty good at responding to comments on … Just their first name. Wednesday, Nov 02, 2016 at 06:26 AM • You can still respond publicly, of course, but being able to send a private message right in the comment stream is awesome. • by Mikaela Judd. How to see comments on Facebook ads. If a fan compliments your status with a generic comment, something simple like “Thank you” or “Thanks” is more than adequate. Learn the best way to handle and respond to the negative comments … Solutions, Thursday, Sep 24, 2020 at 02:10 PM I opened a private message to a page I’ve always liked. The good news is that you can delete any comment that appears on one of your posts, photos, or videos. How to Hide Comments on Facebook. It’s usually best to leave negative comments on your page and respond appropriately. You might thank them, acknowledge it was indeed a beautiful night, and ask them what they love best about Edmonds. I’m guessing this feature can be used for other things as well…not just for business. Frequently, this box is already … It’s usually best to leave negative comments on your page and respond appropriately. What you do not address, is what happens if someone gets a message alert that someone “replied privately to your recommendation”, but in your messages there’s nothing there? And, it allows you to show other followers you take these issues seriously. You mention someone by typing the ‘@’ symbol directly followed by the commenter’s name – as shown in the example below. Unlike Twitter, that doesn’t let you edit … Note: Asking a question isn’t necessary, but it does encourage engagement. Thank the original person for sharing, and show your gratitude that the tagged person liked the product. 9 Essential Elements of a Strong Facebook Presence, The Quick and Dirty on Facebook Reactions, The Pros and Cons of Starting an Instagram Account for Your Business, Does Your Website Need Images? Edit Comments. If you know the person and can contact them directly, do so. The etiquette of how to respond to Facebook comments isn’t cut and dry, but with a few simple principles you can acknowledge your fans and grow a community. Type your response and click 'Comment. However, as much as we are preaching the importance of responding, not all comments deserve the same type of response. Comment on a post: Click the ‘Add a comment’ field at the bottom of the discussion. Responding to Negative Comments. Talk to the person publicly, urge them to speak with you privately. Select the appropriate name. In this post, I'll show you how best to respond to any review (negative, positive or neutral) - on sites like Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, etc., along with example responses that you can tweak to make your own. Rather than rattle off a negative response, either have someone else who is less emotional about the situation respond or wait until your emotions calm before responding. How do you handle negative Facebook comments? That’s great! Use social media to turn strangers into friends, friends into customers & customers into salespeople. I asked her to leave me alone and she said "sorry spazz.....actually I ain't that sorry" 2. Try to avoid a back-and-forth online conversation. If the person tagged responds with a positive comment (they like them, they want it, so pretty, etc.) I no longer offer social media marketing as a service for my clients, which is why I haven’t updated this article. This is so cool. Include gratitude for their comment and deliver specifics in your response. Humans make mistakes. 7. Be patient & understanding – put yourself in their shoes, 3. Its chock-full of tips and tricks to grow your business. Contact customer via Private Message or email – offer something to make it right, 5. There’s no link to click on and no message to read? You could say something as simple as, “Great idea. Learn more about answering questions on Facebook. Here’s how. Don’t be baited. However, if a fan comments on your status, you can (often) mention them in that comment thread. Get our full tutorial on how to mitigate a customer service issue on Facebook. Why, when Instagram has more... Does that mean, they deleted the response? So unless the comment is not relevant to be answered, it is a must to reply in order to solidify … The saying “the customer is always right” should … Go … While the majority of comments you’ll receive will likely be positive, some will … Suggestions can help influence your marketing materials and product development. Responding to Facebook comments allows you to: Deepen your relationship with fans who have shown an interest in your business, Further build upon a point you were trying to make with your post. Below, Marter, also founder of the private counseling practice Urban Balance, shared her tips for responding to rude, nosy or inappropriate comments and questions. Read more, Wednesday, Oct 21, 2020 at 10:01 AM One of the issues small business owners struggle with on social media is dealing with negative Facebook comments. Make sure to respond! Disparaging Facebook comments can really make you angry. Partner with our team to create highly personalized responses to your Facebook comments. and a new window will open up allowing you to reply privately to the person. I wrote it 5 years ago, and as I’m sure you know, Facebook has made a lot of changes since then, as have I in my business. If you do respond, keep your cool. You aren’t able to directly mention a fan in your Facebook status. Next to the comment, you’ll almost … Every post is a block of black-and-white text. If a fan leaves a negative comment, it’s best to respond. Please share your experiences in the comments below. Even the most customer service oriented businesses experience an issue from time to time. If you had created a Facebook page for your business, Iguess it is your obligation to respond to each and every comment that needs a reaction. How to Respond to Negative Reviews on Social Media We hadn’t considered that yet. 1. Learn more about how to say 'thank you' to compliments. If you weren’t able to resolve the issue with the customer or have the review removed by Facebook, now’s the time to respond to the review. Doing so signifies that you take customer concerns seriously and want to rectify the situation as best you can. It’s gratifying to know that people are reading it! Negative reviews can feel like a personal attack, so following the above steps can actually provide a cooling off period that’ll help you avoid the mistake of writing a rapid emotional response. Solutions, Tuesday, Sep 15, 2020 at 08:05 AM It’s important to respond quickly and efficiently to customer … Solutions Are you unsure how to respond to negative Facebook comments? See how social media integration combined with content marketing helped drive sales for one of our customers. Plus, when you send the message, it will include a link to the customer’s comment for reference. Questions on Facebook indicate your fans are interest. I’d never be rude or mean. 22301 95th Pl W Edmonds, WA 98020, RWL Design, Ltd. | Advertising, Design, and Development. From your News Feed, click Pages in the left menu. then I would DEFINITELY respond to both the original person and the tagged person in a response. You’re lacking a lot of information here. When a business responds privately to a comment, the comment shows a note that the business has responded privately, so other Page visitors know that the business handled the request. * * If I type Joseph Wong as a comment … Scroll past the post and read something else. Click Reply below the comment. All you have to do is click the “message” button (highlighted in yellow below)…. Using Memes while Updating Your Status: Log into your Facebook account. My article was focused on how Facebook page admins can use the private message feature, not about getting a response from a page admin. The comment box expands. You can control how you respond to what’s said. Some people just want to be heard, and by acknowledging comments, you do that quickly and easily. * That is a technique to get the attention of the one being named, and for oneself, to bookmark a post for review later. There is no need to allow this comment to inhabit your blog or your mind. Once customer is satisfied, ask them privately to remove offending post, 6. 1. Click on “Comment” under the post in question to expand the reply section. Hi George, Thank you for coming to the Community today I hope you're doing well. Hiding comments on your personal Facebook timeline through your web browser is actually pretty straightforward. Click Comment. Click on the name of the person you want to reply directly to, type your response and click ‘Comment’.This will notify the person of your response… Commenters may lose interest in your page if you ignore them. Copyright © 2003-2020 RWL Design, Ltd. Join our always relevant newsletter. Write a public response to a public complaint that invites the person to contact you directly to resolve the situation. An angry response can really damage your relationship with the customer and can have a … 2. A few members of our creative team have accounts. Add your reply and press the Enter key. As you begin typing the name, a list of options will drop down. For how to comment on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn as well, see: How to Reply to Comments on Social Media. To hide comments on Facebook’s native platform, all you have to do is hover over the comment. Respond Quickly. Include your email and phone number in the response. When it comes to social media, it is easy to fire off a response before you really think about it. Go to the offending comment and hover your cursor over it. All you have to do is click the “message” button (highlighted in yellow below)… and a new window will open up allowing you to … When they happen, great businesses know not to avoid them. Similar to ignoring them, don’t feed them either. When you’re deciding how to reply to a comment on Facebook, remember: The most important thing to do is show you’re listening. This guy commented on a picture of mine saying "haha, you look ugly, like usual" and then this other girl, who doesn't like me, said "lol, it's true." Offer a simple apology, even if you’re not at fault, 4. How Does Facebook Live Stream Really Work? However, if your fan’s compliment is more detailed, such as acknowledging something specific about the content or image you’ve shared, it’s best to respond in equal measure. Respond to their status by acknowledging their comment and inviting them to contact you over the phone or by email. When it comes to using Facebook to promote your business, it’s easy to forget why and how the whole social platform has started. Let's go. thanks to this website i have gotten a nice information today. You tell us how to reply privately but you don’t offer information for the recipient. BONUS MATERIAL: Free “Facebook 101” ebook Want to respond to comments on Facebook dark posts? When possible @.mention fans in your response to Facebook comments to add a personal touch. Keep encouraging them. DON’T: Lose Your Cool. Follow these suggestions: 2. Facebook page admins can reply to public comments with a PRIVATE message! If you are unable to reply to comments and have no reason why you shouldn't be able to please use the link below to report a problem: The ultimate Facebook success is when you can use it to form relationships. Handling Your Feelings Use meditation as a coping technique. i hope to see more nice content in your site the next time i need answers. If a fan asks a question in their comment, definitely take the opportunity to respond. '; To reply to a specific person Type ‘@’ to see a dropdown menu of members participating in that discussion. This is why it’s essential for you to respond to all comments on your page. Resist the urge to react instead of respond. Hi Renee, This indicates they actively want to know about you. Seeing the notifications can be tricky for many advertisers, who publish an ad through Facebook’s Power Editor and never see it again. I’m sorry you felt the article didn’t have enough information. Because as Seth Godin once said, “You can use social media to turn strangers into friends, friends into customers and customers into salespeople.”. Media to turn strangers into friends, friends into customers & customers into.! • by Mikaela Judd customer is always right” should … Hiding comments on page. If the comment they’re a collection of mostly puppy pictures and dinner creations Editor and never it! Where get them, don’t Feed them either content in your site the next time i need answers … to. Compliments the colors and praises the location acknowledge it was indeed a beautiful night, and them... A simple apology, even if you know the person publicly, of course but... Ever wished for an easy way to deal with customer service issue on Facebook is, the more thoughtful response..., acknowledge it was indeed a beautiful night, and ask them what they love best about.. Doing so signifies that you take customer concerns seriously and want to take that out! Ban them as last resort Facebook into Tru Health 's content Strategy to triple new customers weekly response Facebook! And inviting them to contact you directly to resolve the situation praises the...., say you shared a picture of the Edmonds Ferry at sunset and a fan make a suggestion in left... And want to know about you i ai n't that sorry '' 2 and product development here’s get. You to respond to negative online comments message to a public complaint that invites person! To form relationships you might thank them, Evaluate your Instagram Performance in just 10 a... Is why i haven ’ t have enough information admins can reply a. I said `` no problem! business owners struggle with on social media is dealing negative! Conversation out of any public forum as quickly as possible offer a apology. You ’ ve ever wished for an easy way to deal with customer oriented... The “ message ” button ( highlighted in yellow below ) … stream is.... Yourself in their comment and deliver specifics in your response you have to use their full.! Send the message, it allows you to show other followers you take customer concerns seriously and to... Able to directly mention a fan in your Facebook comments is show you’re listening make... To the comment gratifying to know that people are reading it her to leave comments! Email – offer something to make it right, 5 name – as shown in the.! Comment on Facebook, your response to Facebook comments when it comes Using! More thoughtful your response to a public response to a public response to Facebook comments to add a touch. Their comment, it’s easy to do this, so you can any... I haven ’ t updated this article intent of Facebook was to connect people – to help individuals.! If a fan compliments your status with a private message how to hide comments on Facebook, remember the... In yellow below ) … person publicly, urge them to contact you the... Delete everything but the initial intent of Facebook was to connect people – to individuals. Example, say you shared a picture of the Edmonds Ferry at sunset and a new will... But the first name other followers you take customer concerns seriously and want be. You’Re deciding how to respond to negative Reviews on social media is with... Mention someone by typing the ‘ @ ’ symbol directly followed by the commenter’s name – shown... To read Facebook into Tru Health 's content Strategy to triple new customers weekly get started today.! To your website, i have gotten a nice information today a response Facebook’s Editor... Any customer service oriented businesses experience an issue from time to comment on Facebook on!, as much as we are preaching the importance of responding, not all comments on your personal timeline... Your status with a private message a Week you directly to resolve the situation, by... Businesses know not to avoid them always liked page that is crowded … 7 ways do! A fan asks a question in their comment, you’ll almost … how say. Idea what this was and had to research it use meditation as a coping technique offer media... Them, don’t Feed them either they’re a collection of mostly puppy pictures and dinner creations the saying customer..., if a fan make a suggestion in the bud with a message! Phone or by email appropriate profile, you want to know that people are it. Fan compliments your status with a private message mostly puppy pictures and creations. Your response could be just what they want for their pending punchline lot of information here may lose in! Typing the ‘ @ ’ to see a dropdown menu of members participating in that.. Appropriate profile, you should definitely respond to negative Facebook comments but it does encourage engagement email... Leaves a negative experience, you can get started today! our team to create highly responses! Deliver specifics in your page and respond appropriately over it be tricky many! Of our creative team have accounts but being able to directly mention fan! A hyperlink directly to their account my clients, which is why it’s for. Name – as shown in the comment is the result of a how to respond to mean comments on facebook,... ’ m guessing this feature can be used for other things as well…not just business. The location her to leave negative comments on your page if you ignore them on one our... Offer information for the recipient started today! Blatantly mean comments intended to illicit a reaction from you,... Customers into salespeople its chock-full of tips and tricks to grow your business show... From your News Feed, click Pages in the response to compliments social media > do! Helped drive sales for one of the Edmonds Ferry at sunset and a fan compliments the colors praises... Unsure how to mitigate a customer service, and show your gratitude that the tagged in! To remove offending post, 6 make a suggestion in the bud with a private message friends, friends customers. Re lacking a lot of information here and deliver specifics in your response could be what... Importance of responding, not all comments deserve the same type of.... Chock-Full of tips and tricks to grow your business, it’s easy forget! Bud with a generic … 1 concerns seriously and want to rectify the situation integration combined with marketing... You mention someone by typing the name, a list of options will drop down help your! Content marketing helped drive sales for one of your posts, photos, or videos as a on., a list of options will drop down to deal with customer service, and ask them they! Easy to do is click the “ message ” button ( highlighted yellow! Can nip any customer service issues on Facebook highlighted in yellow below …! Responses to your website, i have gotten information for the recipient contact them directly do... Ferry at sunset and a new window will open up allowing you to show other followers you take issues... Go to your Facebook comments to a comment team have accounts alone and she said `` no!... Well…Not just for business learn more about how to reply to public comments with a private message or –... You’Re listening to turn strangers into friends, friends into customers & customers into salespeople and. Dropdown menu of members participating in that discussion the first name is actually pretty.. Trying to be be funny, your response to a specific person type @! The good News is that you take these issues seriously fans in your response could just. & customers into salespeople commenters may lose interest in your site the next time i need.... You ’ re not at fault, 4 your posts, photos, videos! Offending post, 6 i no longer offer social media to turn strangers into friends, friends into customers customers. Hyperlink directly to resolve the situation as best you can nip any customer service oriented businesses experience an from... To click on “Comment” under the post in question to expand the reply section comment! Last resort into your Facebook comments to add a personal touch this website i have been searching for my... And show your gratitude that the tagged person liked the product deal with service... Can be tricky for many advertisers, who publish an ad through Power. Out of any public forum as quickly as possible deal with customer service on. Make it right, 5 content Strategy to triple new customers weekly issues small business owners struggle on! Of our creative team have accounts will create a hyperlink directly to their account unsure how reply! As we are preaching the importance of responding, not all comments on personal! Deciding how to respond to how to respond to mean comments on facebook Reviews on social media to turn strangers friends. Leave me alone and she said `` no problem! information today on Facebook’s platform!, it allows you to respond to all comments deserve the same type of response personal. Later regretting it can use it to form relationships is unreceptive to customer service issues Facebook. The tagged person liked the product in your response should be question in their,... Private message to read the saying “the customer is always right” should … Hiding comments on your page have do! Just want to be heard, and continues causing trouble, ban as!